Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Chai Coconut Orange Sauce
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
This is a wonderfully rich and tasty sauce. It works nicely with chicken and seafood especially. Pour overtop a roast chicken breast, halibut, salmon or even use it as the cooking liquid for clams or mussels!
- Add the coconut milk, orange juice, cinnamon, cloves and ginger to a small pot and place on medium-high heat. Reduce the volume by about 50%.
- Remove the pot from the heat and then add the tea bags. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags one by one and squeeze each bag in between two spoons. This will extract all of the chai flavour.
- Now remove the cinnamon and the cloves, add a pinch of salt and give a good stir. Your sauce is now ready! Serve and enjoy.
- Cream will work in place of the coconut milk.
- A pinch of cayenne pepper would be welcome in this sauce if you like a touch of spice.