Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 5 mins
This is a wonderfully, healthy and versatile Spanish sauce that goes great served with most any fish or meat, used as a dip or even as a sandwich spread.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium-high heat. Without adding any oil, add the almonds and stir or toss in the pan very frequently until lightly browned.
- Once cooled a little, add the almonds along with the red pepper (homemade or bottled), yolk, garlic, vinegar, orange juice, chilli powder and salt to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Serve the sauce immediately or store in a container with a lid in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze to use down the road.
- Try using cashews or pine nuts in place of the almonds for an alternative flavour.
- Add in some fresh herbs for a fresh taste. Parsley or cilantro are good options.