Asian Marinated Pork Tenderloin
Borrowing some flavours from Asia, we end up with a wonderfully flavoured sweet and caramelized roast. Just a little bit of extra work, that is well worth the time!
- Remove any excess fat and silver skin from the tenderloin and set aside for now.
- In a mixing bowl combine molasses, lemon zest and juice, soy sauce, oil, ginger, shallots and cayenne. Give a good stir to evenly distribute everything.
- Transfer the tenderloin to a storage container and then pour the marinade on top. Make sure to coat the whole tenderloin, turning in the marinade a couple times.
- Marinate for up to 6 hours. You could cook the roast immediately if you do not have time to marinate and it will turn out great, however a few hours in the marinade makes it that much better.
- Once you are ready, roast the tenderloin in a preheated 375° F oven (or toaster oven). Cook until the roast reaches your desired doneness. I like my pork tenderloin cooked to medium and that takes about 20 minutes.
- Allow the roast to rest for at least 6 minutes in a warm place, then slice and serve!
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 22 mins
- Use this marinade for any cut of chicken or beef as well as pork.