Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Natural Pastures Bocconcini Salad with Pancetta Viniagrette
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
This is one of our all time favourite dressings. It is just loaded with flavour and it compliments the Natural Pastures Bocconcini perfectly.
- Preheat a medium fry pan on medium heat. Add the pancetta and sauté, stirring frequently, until nice and crispy.
- Remove the pancetta and transfer to a small mixing bowl. Keep the pan on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and then add the onions and garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, until nicely browned. Take care that the garlic does not burn.
- Once garlic and onions are browned add the vinegar to the fry pan. Scrape the bottom of the pan to release any stuck on goodness and then transfer to the mixing bowl. Be careful though cause the vinegar in the pan is going to have a strong smell and it will tickle your nose.
- Now add the remaining olive oil, parsley and pepper to the mixing bowl and stir to combine everything. Use immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days. If refrigerating, the olive oil will solidify a little and will need to be heated slightly to bring back to a liquid state.
- Toss the bocconcini, zucchini, tomato, and lettuce with desired amount of dressing and serve.
- Try marinating the bocconcini overnight in the fridge before serving the salad to bring a little extra flavour to the cheese.
- Add 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves to the onions when sautéing for a big flavour bonus.