Baked Fall Veggies with Oven Dried Tomatoes
- PREP 25 mins
- COOK 4 hours
I find this one of those soul satisfying comfort recipes and it’s the perfect way to make use of late summer early fall cherry tomatoes. A toaster oven is perfect for making these tomatoes and while low and slow is best, you can crank the heat to 300 and they will be done in an hour
- Start this recipe well ahead of time so you can slowly bake the tomatoes and garlic. This can be done in the toaster oven or the full sized oven. Arrange the tomatoes garlic and shallots in a single layer on a baking tray. Try to see that the tray is only as big as needed to keep everything close together.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil, salt, pepper, and honey if you are using it.
- Roughly chop the thyme if desired and then add to the tray.
- Bake for 4 hours in a 200° F oven or until the tomatoes have shrivelled. Set aside.
- You can leave the skin on the potatoes and yams if desired, but peel the parsnips.
- Next cut the yams and potatoes into wedges and depending on the size cut the parsnips in half or quarters.
- Add to a mixing bowl, toss with the coconut oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking tray and into the middle of a preheated 450° F oven. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes and then flip the veggies. Bake for another 10 – 12 minutes until the veggies are nicely browned all over.
- Serve with a scoop of the oven dried tomatoes and garlic and enjoy!
- Add a few scoops of the oven dried tomatoes, as well as some of the garlic, shallots and olive oil to a mixing bowl. Add a touch of balsamic vinegar and give it a good stir…now you have an amazing salad dressing!