Spicy Orange Sauce
Easy to put together and very tasty, this sauce is awesome poured on top of chicken, fish or tofu and also makes a wonderful stir-fry sauce.
- Preheat a small pan or pot on medium heat, add the butter and shallots and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more, stirring regularly.
- Now add the chilli paste, soy sauce, sesame oil and orange juice and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now stir together the cornstarch and water and slowly pour half of it into the sauce while stirring. Check the consistency and add more if needed.
- Once your happy with how thick the sauce is, add the green onion and its ready to serve.
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- Make a double or triple batch and keep in your fridge ready for stir-fry or finishing off that roast chicken breast anytime.