Chicken Apple Sausage with Chilli Peanut Sauce
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
The chicken apple sausage can generally be found at any Country Grocer deli and it is one of our favourites. See how well it goes with this recipe.
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375° F.
- Place the sausages on a roasting pan and into the oven. Roast until cooked all the way through (about 25 minutes) and set aside.
- While the sausages are cooking lets get the rest done. Bring the water or broth to a boil and then stir in the lentils. Cook until the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Now preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add a little oil and the onion and zucchini. Sauté until they begin to brown and then add the garlic, bean sprouts and peanuts. Sauté for a couple minutes more.
- Set the veggies to the side and add the sauce ingredients to the pan. Stir until the peanut butter is dissolved. Add enough water or broth until desired consistency.
- Now add the veggies into the sauce and toss.
- Plate up your dinner with the lentils on the bottom and then the veggie mixture on top with sausage on top of that.
**For a simple alternative, you can slice the cooked sausage into bite-sized pieces and add them along with the lentils to the veggies and sauce and toss all together.
- To make the sauce a little bit sweeter, use pineapple juice instead of water.
- Try using some other veggies like broccoli, peppers or steamed yams.