Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Jalapeno Cilantro and Peanut Vinaigrette
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
Leave a Review
This is absolutely one of my favourite dressings I have ever made. As long as you have a blender or a food processor, it is super simple and the end result is a thick and flavourful dressing with a nice kick.
- Preheat a medium sized fry pan on medium heat. Add the peanuts and lightly toast, stirring regularly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Now add a little oil and then the chopped jalapeño, shallot and ginger to the fry pan. Sauté, stirring regularly until the veggies are lightly browned.
- Add the cilantro to the pan and wilt it down and then transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Add the peanuts and vinegar as well and turn the unit on to puree.
- Slowly add the oil until you get the right consistency, season with the salt and your vinaigrette is ready to go.
- Serve this dressing over veggies, in stir-fry’s, on top of meats or seafood or even with your eggs in the morning.
If peanuts are not quite your thing, cashews also work very well!