Roasted Apple & Onion Chicken Gravy
Gravy is normally thickened with a white flour roux. Not this one though. We use pureed vegetable goodness to give this tasty gravy thickness and body.
- Place the apple, onion and garlic in the bottom a casserole dish that is big enough to hold your chicken.
- Season the chicken well and then place on top of the veggies. Place into a preheated 375? F. Roast for 30 minutes to lightly brown the chicken and the veggies.
- Turn the temperature down to 350° F and add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the casserole dish. This is going to keep the chicken moist while cooking and in the end will be the liquid needed for our gravy.
- Roast until the chicken is cooked all the way through and then remove from the oven.
- Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes and then tip any of the juices from the cavity into the casserole dish with the veggies and juice.
- Pour the veggies and all the liquid into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Give the gravy a taste and season with sea salt, fresh ground pepper and stir in the thyme.
- Serve the gravy warm with the chicken and whatever veggies and grains you normally would. Enjoy!
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 1 min