Tomato Ginger Poached Halibut
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
With this delicious and simple recipe, you will part steam, part poach your fresh fish in a tasty sauce made by you. This simple preparation offers a gourmet touch and that will really impress those that you care about.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium-high heat. Add the butter and then the shallots and ginger. Sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the tomato, orange juice, tamari and red pepper flakes, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now it is time to add the fish. Make sure the sauce has enough liquid and is not going to burn while you poach/steam your fish. Add a little more orange juice/water if necessary.
- Carefully place the fish in the pan. Cover with a lid, bring to a simmer and poach/steam the fish until it’s cooked how you like it.
- Serve immediately with your favourite grain or legume (green lentils are a very nice choice) and top with the sauce from the pan.
Add a ½ cup of sliced fennel bulb to the sauce when you add the shallots and ginger for a nice variation.