Roasted Cauliflower and Eggplant Fusilli
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
- Ready in 40 mins
Lots of flavour and lots of veggies, this pasta dish has a very Mediterranean feel to it and is a nice gluten free option with the wild rice pasta. You can of course use any shaped pasta really, but the wild rice pasta is very nice and well worth a try.
- Cook you pasta as per the directions on the package. Strain well and the drizzle a little oil over them so they do not stick and set aside.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium high heat. Add the olive oil and then the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally until it just begins to soften.
- Now add the eggplant and onion and a little more oil if necessary. Sauté, stirring regularly until the onions have started to brown.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer stirring frequently.
- Next up are the tomatoes. Toss them in and cook, stirring regularly until they start to break down.
- Now you can add the cooked pasta and the feta cheese and heat until warm. Serve immediately.
Add a little cooked ground beef or bison if you are looking to bump up the protein.