Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Mediterranean Fish Stew
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
With a unique flavour profile, this stew is super delicious and a great way to make use of some less expensive fish. It is one of my favourite recipes I have ever created. Does that make you want to give it a try?
- Start out by preheating a large fry pan on medium heat. Add a little oil and then the fennel and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the zucchini and ginger and sauté for another few minutes, stirring regularly. Set aside for now.
- Puree the onions in a food processor until they are as smooth as possible.
- Now preheat a large pot on medium high heat. Add the coconut oil and then the onions and sauté, stirring regularly, until the onions are browned. This will take around 15 minutes and will need more stirring and a constant eye towards the end.
- While the onions are browning, add the can of tomatoes to the food processor and pulse to chop them up.
- Once chopped, you can measure out the spices and add them to the food processor bowl with the tomatoes. This way everything will be ready once the onions are browned.
- Once the onions are nicely browned, add the tomatoes and spices then reduce heat to medium. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Now add the coconut milk, seafood and the sautéed veggies and gently simmer until the seafood is just cooked through. Serve immediately.
Halibut, scallops, mussels, and clams are all great seafood options for this tasty stew.
Reviews on "Mediterranean Fish Stew" (3)