Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Roasted Garlic Gazpacho
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
Leave a Review
This is a great way to get your veggies in while enjoying a refreshing chilled soup. Using in season vine-ripened tomatoes makes a big difference on the flavour.
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 350° F.
- Cut the tops off the garlic bulbs, exposing the tops of the individual cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and place on a tray and in the oven. Roast approximately 25 minutes and set aside to cool. Be sure not to blacken garlic as it will turn bitter.
- Using your fingers squeeze the garlic from the bottom pushing through the top to remove the cloves from the peel.
- Place garlic in a blender or food processor with the remaining ingredients except for the salt. Pulse the mixture until pureed to your desired consistency. We like our gazpacho to be a little rustic and not completely smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper until you like the taste of your gazpacho, chill and serve.
- This is a great soup served with warm garlic sautéed prawns, steamed halibut or roasted chicken.
- Diced avocado or a dollop of plain yogurt are welcome additions to this soup.
- Paprika, chilli powder and cumin are complementary spices to the flavours in this soup, so experiment with ½ teaspoon or more of any one of these.