Hot Chilli Corn Chowder
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
This one has a kick to it depending on how many chilli peppers you use, so adjust to your taste preferences. It also has a wonderful creamy base and great flavour.
- Soup Base:
- Carefully cut the corn off of both cobs and keep half for the base and half for the garnish.
- Preheat a medium sized pot on medium heat. Add the butter and then the corn and onion. Sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute, stirring regularly.
- Now add the tomato paste, broth, coconut milk, salt, coriander and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes to soften up the veggies.
- Remove the base from the stove and let it cool for 10 minutes. Now puree using a food processor, blender or immersion blender until very smooth.
- Add the smooth pureed base back to the pot and add the garnish veggies. Simmer again for 5 minutes or so, check the taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Now its time to enjoy.
For a subtle variation, swap out the garlic and add in 2 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger.