Roasted Mushroom Leek and Chicken Soup
This soup is simplicity at it’s finest and if you use home-made chicken broth…so delicious. The contents for the soup are roasted together on the same baking sheet and everything gets chopped and added to the broth already made broth.
- Remove the bottom and the green tops from the leeks and then cut in half lengthways. Wash very well making sure to lift the separate layers to remove all the dirt.
- Now place the chicken, leeks, mushrooms, and garlic in groups on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with some oil, sprinkle with coriander, salt and pepper and then bake in a preheated 350° F oven until the chicken is cooked all the way through. You can use boneless thighs if you prefer, but bone-in will be more flavourful.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a little. Once you can safely handle the ingredients, shred the chicken (discard the bone), chop the leek and then add everything to a large pot with the broth, soy, lemon juice and basil.
- Bring to a simmer and you will be ready to serve this delicious and simple broth soup.
- PREP 25 mins
- COOK 30 mins
- Mix up the veggies for a different soup. Most anything that you can roast will work. Peppers, zucchini, yam, potato…what is in your soup?