Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Lemon Herb Roast Chicken
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 1 min
This is an awesome way to spice up your everyday roast chicken. You can’t beat fresh herbs and the lemon juice and chipotle chilli powder really compliment nicely.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Either finely chop the herbs, shallot and garlic by hand and then combine with the remaining ingredients or combine everything in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place the whole chicken on a baking sheet (with rack if you have one) and rub the marinade all over by hand or brush and then place chicken in the middle of the oven. Bake until completely cooked. You can also give a second brushing of the marinade half way through cooking time.
- Remove chicken from the oven, rest, covered in a warm place for 15 minutes and serve with your favourite sides.
- Toss 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and marinade into a container or plastic bag and marinate few hours before cooking.
- You could use onion and garlic powder in place of the fresh stuff if you don’t have any on hand.