Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 17 mins
This recipe is bursting with wonderful flavours and marries sweet with savoury very successfully
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat. Add a little oil and then the chicken and sauté until cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Preheat the pan again and add a little more oil if necessary and then the onion. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger and sauté for 1 minute longer and then add the vinegar. Stir to release all of the caramelized goodness on the pan.
- Now add the remaining ingredients (except the chicken) and stir to combine. Cook on medium to med-low for about 8 minutes until the mango begins to break down and the cauliflower is softened.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, stir and then serve with your favourite cooked whole grain. Quinoa, barley or brown rice are all great ideas
- Top this wonderful dish with peanuts or cashews for some texture.
- Cilantro and basil are two fresh herbs that work well with these flavours.
- Before adding the chicken back to the pan, puree the cooked mixture in a blender of food processor and puree until a smooth sauce is formed. You can use chicken broth or water to adjust the consistency while pureeing.