Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 40 mins
Leave a Review
This is a fantastic recipe for the family to make together. Get the kids to roll their own and they will definitely feel proud.
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat. Add a little oil and then the chicken. Cook until lightly browned and almost cooked through.
- Add the onion, peppers and garlic and sauté for a couple minutes.
- Now add the corn, beans, tomato, chilli powder and salt and cook for about 5-10 minutes until the mixture is no longer runny, but still moist.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool enough so that you can handle without the risk of burning yourself. Stir in the cottage cheese.
- Lay out your tortillas and begin rolling. Scoop about 1-2 cups of mixture onto the tortilla and roll tucking in both ends. Place in a casserole dish with the fold down so that it stays together and repeat until finished.
- Top with tomato sauce and cheese and then bake in a preheated 400° F oven until the cheese has browned. 20-25 minutes.
- Wait a few minutes as they will be hot and then serve and enjoy.
- This dish can be made up and then frozen before baking to be enjoyed on another night. You can bake from frozen at 400° F for 45-60 minutes until warmed through.
- The filling makes an awesome meal in itself and could be used alone as a meal or as a topper for rice or pasta.