Chipotle Chicken Pizza
- Prep time 45 mins
- Cook time 45 mins
- Ready in 4 hours
One of the easiest and most versatile doughs there is, this pizza dough doubles as focaccia and triples as a flatbread. For pizza, use the dough and make it your own with your favourite toppings or follow the recipe below. The chipotle cream sauce is epic though!
- Pizza Dough:
- Chipotle cream sauce:
- Pizza toppings:
- In order to make this focaccia successfully make the dough up at least 4 hours ahead of time. Dissolve the yeast into the water and then add the salt, sugar, and olive oil.
- Now add about 1/3 of the flour to the mixing bowl and whisk until completely smooth and incorporated. This will suspend everything together.
- Add the rest of the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed. No need to knead. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- You need to proof the dough now for about 90 minutes. This will vary depending on the temperature of your room. Once the dough has more than doubled and it has flattened a little on the very top it is ready to be chilled.
- Keep the dough in the fridge for up to 10 days until you are ready to make your pizza!
- Make the sauce ahead so that it can cool to room temperature.
- Melt the butter into the flour in a small pot and cook until the “roux” begins to brown. Next add the shallots, garlic and rosemary and saute for another minute or so.
- Now slowly add the cream while whisking very well. Make sure all of the lumps are removed and the sauce is nice and smooth. Simmer for 10 minutes or so adding more cream if it gets too thick. Add the zest, juice and chipotle, season with salt and pepper and give a good stir. Simmer just until the sauce is nicely thickened. It will thicken more as it cools.
- When you are ready, oil a large cookie sheet, turn out the dough onto the oiled sheet and stretch and shape with your fingertips. Stretch it to about a ¾ inch thickness and shape it into an oval or a rectangle.
- Spread a good layer of sauce and then top with chicken, yams, onions and cheese.
- Bake for 8 -12 minutes in a 425° F oven until the crust is done to your liking and the cheese is browned.
- Transfer to a cutting board, portion and garnish with microgreens.
If you wanted to make the cream sauce dairy free, use coconut milk in place of the whipping cream and coconut oil in place of the butter.