Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Spicy Peanut Casserole
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
This is a simple and tasty stir-fry creation. Thick and rich sauce loaded with flavour, lots of veggies including the kale, the king of veggies and the fibrous goodness of chickpeas. Enjoy!
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat; add the oil and then the onion and jalapeño. Sauté until the onion begins to brown, stirring occasionally and then add the garlic and red pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes more stirring frequently.
- Now add the peanut butter, coconut milk and chicken broth and stir until the sauce is combined. Add a little more broth if the consistency is too thick.
- Now add the kale and the chickpeas. Simmer, stirring regularly until the kale is wilted and the chickpeas are hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You are ready to serve. This dish is great on its own or if you want a protein boost, then serve with some cooked chicken or pork. Top with the chopped peanuts.
- Add a touch of sweetness by adding 1 tablespoon of brown sugar in with the sauce ingredients.
- You can omit the chickpeas and pour this stir-fry over some warm cooked brown rice or quinoa.