Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Spanish Chorizo Paella
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
This is a very rewarding and simple recipe to make. Lots of flavour and beautiful colour come with it and by following the variations you can make this tasty recipe many different ways.
- Pre-heat a large pot, dutch oven, or paella pan if you have one on medium heat. Add some vegetable oil and then the peppers and onions and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Now add the tomato, sausage, rice and tomato sauce and stir until everything is mixed evenly.
- Add the broth and give another quick stir and cook on medium heat stirring occasionally until the liquid is almost absorbed. 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the remaining liquid absorb and then garnish with the green onion and serve.
- Make this into seafood paella by adding live clams or mussels with the sausage. Raw shrimp is also a perfect addition.
- Add a little spice with some crushed chilli pepper.
- Add a pinch of saffron threads for a traditional Spanish touch.