Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Honey Mustard Glazed Pork Roast
- Prep time 10 mins
This glaze works well for any kind of pork roast or even pork chop. It provides a great colour and flavour that compliment pork wonderfully.
- For the glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze in a mixing bowl and stir well. Or if using a food processor, rough chop the onions and then add all ingredients and puree until semi-smooth.
- Now dry the pork roast with a cloth or paper towel and cut off the rind or skin if there is any. Place in a roasting pan.
- Apply the glaze with a large bbq brush or by hand if you do not have one.
- Place the pork in the oven and roast until glaze begins browning, then lower the temperature to 325° F. Roast until a probe thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest part (not touching the bone if there is one) of the roast reads at least 160° F (medium).
- Remove roast from the oven, cover with a lid or tent with foil and allow 15 minutes resting time before slicing into it.
- Serve with your favourite veggies and a whole grain and enjoy.
- Add ½ of a jalepeno pepper, seeds and veins removed and finely chopped to the glaze for a nice bite.
- Add a teaspoon of glaze on top of an oven roast pork chop before baking