Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Cashew Pineapple Ham
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 45 mins
Leave a Review
This recipe provides an easy way of making a plain ham really come to life. The sauce is addictive and a lot more nutritious than something that comes from a bottle. Enjoy this recipe with any holiday dinner or as one of your staples.
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
- Place the pineapple rings on the bottom of a roasting pan or a pot large enough for the ham. Place the ham on top of the pineapple.
- Pre-heat a small pot on medium-high and add the butter and onions. Sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the juice from the canned pineapple and the hoisin sauce and bring to a boil. Pour hot liquid over top of the ham and into the roasting pan or pot.
- Place in oven and roast, basting every 10-15 minutes until ham is warm all the way through and nicely browned. Approx 45 minutes.
- Serve the ham on a platter or plated and garnish with sauce, cilantro and cashews.
- Heat is a welcome addition to this sauce. So if you like spicy go ahead and add 1 teaspoon (mild) – 1 tablespoon (spicy) of chopped fresh jalepeno pepper (seeds and white “viens” removed) in with the onions while browning.
- Red pepper makes a great addition to this sauce as well.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories (kcal) 225.3, Fat (g) 12.1, Protein (g) 19.6, Carbohydrate (g) 8.9, Sugar (g) 2, Fibre (g) 1.9, Vitamin A (µg) 6.3, Vitamin C (mg) 6.3, Vitamin D (µg) 0.2, Thiamine (mg) 0.1, Riboflavin (mg) 0.1, Niacin (ne) 2.9, Folate (µg) 12.8, Vitamin B6 (mg) 0.4,