Almond Oat Crusted Chicken Thighs
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
It would be difficult to make a breaded bird healthier than this. The almonds and oats create a wonderful texture and the coconut adds just the right flavour. The best part of this recipe is that it is simple and quick.
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F
- Season the chicken thighs well with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Beat the egg with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Combine the oats, almonds, coconut and parsley in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Now dip the seasoned chicken thighs in the egg and then place into the crust mixture. Scoop some of the mixture on to the top of the thigh and press in until nicely coated. Repeat until all thighs are coated. Discard any leftover egg and crust mixture.
- Place the thighs on a baking sheet and then into the pre-heated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until an internal temperature of 180° is reached.
*Note- discard any remaining coating after all chicken is breaded.
- After baking the chicken, top with a spoonful of pasta sauce and shredded cheese to make a chicken parmesan
- Try using this crust on chicken breast instead of the thighs.