Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Pecan, Apple and Sausage Stuffing
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 45 mins
- Ready in 1 hour
If you have already looked at the turkey recipe, you will notice we do not recommend that you stuff your bird, but thank goodness you can still make stuffing. Just use a casserole or baking dish and although the stuffing will not be quite as good as one baked in the bird, the turkey will be much better. And an amazing turkey is much more valuable than a slightly better stuffing, right?!!!
- Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat then add butter and the onion. Sauté until they begin to go translucent.
- Add the apple and sage and sauté for 3 more minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Now re-heat pan and add the sausage. Break-up into nice bite sized pieces and brown all over. Remove from pan and transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Add the pecans and bread to the bowl and then the egg. Stir gently to combine.
- Now ½ cup at a time, add the broth until the bread is moist.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place the stuffing mixture into an oiled or buttered casserole dish or baking pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes. Cover with tinfoil if it starts to become too brown.
- Try experimenting with different breads until you find your favourite.
- This recipe goes really well with ½ cup dried or a whole cup of fresh or frozen cranberries. Just add in with the pecans and bread and you will be happy.
Reviews on "Pecan, Apple and Sausage Stuffing" (1)