Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 35 mins
Leave a Review
This is a super tasty layered dinner. Lots of veggies, high in protein and fibre and simply very good. This recipe is well worth working into your regular routine.
- Mix beans and cottage cheese together in a mixing bowl and season with a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add a little oil and then the onions and sauté until they are lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes more. Add the corn and then transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Wipe the pan clean and again preheat on medium heat. Add a little oil and then the chicken. Sauté until the chicken is nicely browned on all sides and then add ¾’s of the enchilada sauce. Simmer in the sauce until it reduces down and thickens to a thick soup like consistency and chicken is cooked through.
- Add the sautéed veggies back into the pan and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Now its time to make the pie. You will need a deep dish pie pan or a 9-inch cake pan.
- Place 1 tortilla in the bottom of the pan and then add the cottage cheese and bean mix. Add another tortilla and then the chicken and veggie mixture. Now add half of the cheese and top with the last tortilla. Finally brush the tortilla with the remaining enchilada sauce and top with the remaining cheese and then place into the oven.
- Bake until the cheese on top is nicely browned and the pie is heated all the way through, cut and serve.
- You could use tomato sauce instead of the enchilada sauce.
- Add in some different or extra veggies to change it up a little. Peppers, mushrooms and spinach are good options.