Chicken Taco Cups
Home baked taco shells, refried beans, plain yogurt and cabbage round out the healthy options that make up this nutritious taco option.
- Preheat oven to 415° F. Place 5 ramekins (4-ounce size) upside down on a baking sheet and then place the tortillas on top of that. Give them a spray or drizzle of oil and then bake in the oven until crispy and lightly browned. Set aside and repeat the process until you have enough shells. If you don’t have ramekins (or a substitute) then you can bake them flat.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add the oil and then the chicken. Sauté until lightly browned all over.
- Now add the onions and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, cumin and chilli powder and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add the molasses and parsley and make sure the chicken is cooked through.
- Now set up all your taco fixin’s and assemble.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- Add some extra veggies to the chicken mix at the same time as the onions like zucchini, peppers, eggplant, fennel or whatever your heart desires.