Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Cinnamon Spiced Chicken Stew
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
Leave a Review
This is one of those easy one pot/pan meals. Minimal mess = little clean up and you know what…the results are great. The rub is optional for the chicken, but it makes for a nice spice!
- For the rub:
- Combine the ingredients for the rub and give a good stir. Now give a nice liberal dusting of the rub all over the chicken on both sides.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of E.V. olive oil and then add the chicken. Brown chicken nicely and then flip.
- After you flip the chicken, add the onion, carrot and yam. Lightly brown the onion, stirring occasionally (about 4 minutes).
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Now add the tomato, coconut milk and water and stir to combine. If your going to skip the coconut milk, then add some extra water.
- Now add the quinoa and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover with a tight fitting lid (or a makeshift one) and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
You can use chicken leg and/or thigh in place or in addition to the breast.