Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Coconut Chicken and Squash Pasta
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
- Ready in 50 mins
Leave a Review
This is a pretty darn tasty dish that uses as much veggie and protein as pasta, thereby making it a little bit lighter. It is also not sauced pasta in the traditional sense and instead uses a little coconut milk to keep is moist. I love it.
- Start off by placing the chicken breast in a medium pot. Cover with water and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
- If you have a bamboo steamer basket, steam the squash over the pot of simmering chicken. Otherwise, steam separately until cooked but still a tad firm.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove from the water and set aside with the squash to cool. Reserve the water from the chicken.
- Now bring the water back to a boil and cook the pasta in it as per the instructions so that the pasta is el denté. Drain the pasta, let it steam dry, drizzle with a touch of oil and set aside with the chicken and squash.
- Peel the skin off the chicken and remove the bones. Now shred into bit-sized strips using your fingers.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add the coconut oil and then the leeks and garlic. Sauté, stirring regularly until they have started to brown.
- Add the shredded chicken, squash, and coconut milk to the pan and bring it back up to heat.
- Add the pasta and toss until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Add some diced red peppers in with the leeks and garlic and finish of with thinly sliced basil for a very pretty presentation.