Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 2 hours
Just like mom used to make. Real chicken noodle soup made from scratch is so soothing. This is an awesome base recipe that you can add any of your favourite veggies too.
- Add the chicken, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper to a pot that is big enough that you can totally cover the chicken. Cover with water.
- Put on the stovetop and heat on high until water begins to simmer and then reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Simmer for 2 hours but take care not to boil.
- Carefully strain the liquid into another pot so that you can get at the chicken.
- Once the chicken has cooled enough to handle, take the meat off of the carcass and set aside into a bowl. Discard the carcass and the skin.
- Now bring the broth to a boil and add in the pasta. Cook until el dente.
- Add the chopped spinach and the chicken to the broth, heat for a minute and then serve.
- Add in some other veggies when you add your pasta such as cauliflower, broccoli or peppers or add frozen corn or peas at the last minute.
- Add some cooked beans or green lentils in place of the pasta for a healthier alternative.