Potato and Cabbage Soup
This soup is made with a rich tomato broth and then loaded with cabbage and potato. With a hint of ginger and turmeric the result is a wonderfully rich and nutritious soup that is easy on the budget and boosting to the body…Enjoy!
- Add the oil and onions to a large pot pre-heated on medium heat and sauté until nicely browned all over, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ginger and sauté for another minute, stirring regularly.
- Add broth, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, turmeric, pepper and salt. Skip the salt if using store bought broth.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer the soup gently until the potatoes are soft.
- Give a taste, adjust seasoning if necessary and serve or store in the fridge or freezer for another day.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- You can make the soup a creamy version by adding 1 cup of coconut milk at the end of cooking.