Whole Wheat Pasta Salad
This is a hearty and healthy pasta salad using whole wheat fettuccini and lots of veggies. Use this as the starch and veggie portion of a meal and just add protein for a complete meal.
- Cook your fettuccini till it is just el dente and then cool immediately under cold running water.
- Strain the water very well, transfer to a mixing bowl and then give it a drizzle of olive oil so that it does not stick together.
- Pre-heat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add a little oil and then the zucchini and onions. Sauté stirring regularly until everything is nicely browned.
- Add the kale along with a couple tablespoons of water and sauté/steam until the kale has wilted. Transfer to the mixing bowl with the pasta.
- Add the tomato, parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice and zest and then add a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Give a good toss so that everything is evenly distributed and give a taste to check the seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy!
- PREP 25 mins
- COOK 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon of garlic can be added to the zucchini and onions just before you add the kale for a great flavour addition.