Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Salmon Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 8 mins
Salmon in this recipe is steamed for optimum health and it goes wonderfully with the soy maple dressing. We have loaded the salad with a wide range of nutritious veggies that all compliment each other beautifully. Perfect for summer or winter!
- For the dressing:
- For the salad:
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Then steam in a steaming basket until cooked all the way through, approx. 7-10 minutes. Take care not to overcook. Allow salmon a couple minutes to cool down after cooking and then peel the skin off.
- Combine spinach, carrots, onion, pepper and tomato in a mixing bowl and mix with desired amount of dressing.
- Place in bowls and top with steamed salmon and sesame seeds serve and enjoy.
- Make a bigger batch of the dressing and reserve in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Add a serving of chickpeas or navy beans to make this salad a little heartier.
- Try using shrimp, scallops or halibut in place of the salmon for a different taste.