Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Mixed Bean Salad
- Prep time 15 mins
This is a very hearty and healthy salad that can be used as a side or a meal by itself. With lots of veggies an abundance of flavour and legumy goodness, this salad will leave you feeling satisfied.
- Combine beans, tomatoes, peppers, onion and garlic in a salad bowl. Toss until evenly distributed.
- In a small mixing bowl, add oil, vinegar, chilli powder, salt and pepper. Pour desired amount over salad and toss until evenly coated. Garnish with parmesan cheese and freshly chopped herbs if you desire.
- Bite-size pieces of cucumber, celery, broccoli or cauliflower are great vegetable variations in this salad. Our favourite is small diced sun-dried tomato.
- For a creamier dressing with a touch of sweetness, omit the vinegar and olive oil, and use vanilla yogurt with seasoning to taste.
- Fresh herbs such as cilantro, basil, mint or dill are a refreshing addition to this salad.
Reviews on "Mixed Bean Salad" (5)