Fennel & Red Pepper Salad
- Prep time 8 mins
This is a simple yet tasty salad including fennel which is a unique vegetable that boasts a yummy licorice flavour. It is a wonderful side for roast chicken breast or most any steamed or pan seared fish.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing in a mixing bowl and transfer to a storage container and set aside.
- Combine the veggies in the same mixing bowl and then add about 2 tablespoons of the dressing. The remaining dressing can be stored in the fridge for another day (up to 1 month in the fridge).
- Double up on the dressing ingredients and add 1 _ cups (1 can) cooked white navy beans or chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and this salad becomes much more substantial.
- There are several other vegetables that are a welcome addition to this salad including diced tomato, sliced cucumber and spinach if you are in need of some greens.
- For a little extra flavour add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic to the dressing.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories (kcal) 281.2, Fat (g) 29, Protein (g) 0.8, Carbohydrate (g) 4.9, Sugar (g) 3.3, Fibre (g) 1.2, Vitamin A(µg) 123.7Vitamin C (mg) 149.9, Vitamin D (µg) 0, Vitamin E (mg) 5.4, Thiamine (mg) 0.2, Riboflavin (mg) 0.1, Niacin (ne) 0.92, Folate (µg)14.7 Vitamin B6 (mg) 0.2, Vitamin B12 (µg) 0, Calcium (mg) 8.6, Iron (mg) 0.7, Sodium (mg) 5.9, Potassium (mg) 186.3