Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Warm Spinach Cranberry Mint Salad
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
This is a fantastic salad that is quite original and most likely to please as part of your special holiday dinner or add sliced chicken breast and serve on its own as a complete meal.
- Salad Dressing:
- Salad Base:
- In a small pot combine quinoa and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and leave covered for 5 minutes.
- Combine salad dressing ingredients in a small pot over medium heat, stirring constantly with a fork or whisk. Once mixture begins to simmer remove from heat immediately – do not bring to a boil as it will splatter.
- Combine salad base ingredients in a large salad bowl, including quinoa. Drizzle desired amount of the warm dressing and toss until spinach is evenly coated.
- Use walnuts instead of the pecans if you are looking to save a little bit.
- Don’t like mint? Then substitute with basil instead
- Try this salad with 1 large apple cut into small pieces instead of the cranberries for a fresh twist