Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Curried Potato Gratin
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 35 mins
An easy recipe that goes a long way in the ‘tickle some new taste buds’ department. If you are bored of the same ole’ potatoes then this will definitely be worth your while. Not only does the curry powder help add flavour, it boosts the appearance
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Preheat a medium fry pan on medium heat and then add the butter and the onions. Sauté the onions, stirring regularly until golden brown.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer the cooked onions & garlic to a mixing bowl and then add the potatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, salt and pepper. Toss well to disperse all ingredients.
- Now transfer everything to an appropriate sized casserole dish. Roughly 7 by 12 inches works well.
- Top with your cheese of choice or a combination of cheese and then bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and then cheese is golden brown.
- Toasted and then ground coriander and cumin are great flavour boosters if you find generic curry powder too bland.
- Add a ¼ cup chopped cilantro or parsley to bring in another colour and flavour element.
Reviews on "Curried Potato Gratin" (3)