Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Gluten Free Vegetarian Lasagne
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 1 hour
This recipe was created for celiacs and vegetarians alike, but it tastes so great that it is fit for everyone. You will never know that you are eating rice noodles when you dig into this and the veggies and beans make for a satisfying wholesome meal
- Cook the rice noodles as per the instructions on the box. If you like a firm noodle, then reduce cooking time by a few minutes. Once cooked, strain and rinse the noodles under cold running water to stop cooking and then spread out in a single layer on an oiled plate or platter.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add the butter and oil and once the butter melts a little, add the mushrooms. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to add the mushrooms in 2 or 3 batches. If you overload, they will become soggy mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms are lightly browned, add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Add the spinach and stir until it has wilted down. Add the salt, pepper and paprika and continue to cook until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Remove mixture from the pan to cool and add the cottage cheese. Give a good stir and then set aside. That is one layer finished.
- Now combine the beans, cauliflower, tomato sauce and water in a bowl and stir well. This is layer number 2 done!
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Now its time to assemble. You will need an 8 in. by 12 in.(approx) casserole dish. Put the bean layer on the bottom, then a layer of rice noodles, then the spinach layer, then another layer of noodles, then a little extra tomato sauce and finally the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until the cheese is nicely browned on top and the lasagne is hot all through.
- Season the top layer with Salt, pepper, cumin, coriander or other spices
- Add some fresh chopped herbs such as oregano or thyme to both layers.
Reviews on "Gluten Free Vegetarian Lasagne" (1)