Here we have another great short cut to having veggies ready to go in the fridge and waiting to be devoured! This kale is great when added to stir-fry’s or soups or served as a side to any meal, even breakfast! You can also add it to a sandwich or hotdog instead of lettuce.
- Wash the kale well and remove the leaves from the stem. Tear into bite sized pieces. You can slice the stem into very thin pieces and use it as well!
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil on the stovetop.
- Remove from the heat and add the honey, vinegar, salt and garlic if you are using it. Give a good stir to dissolve the honey and salt.
- Add the kale to the pot and stir it until it has wilted into the hot liquid and is mostly covered.
- You can serve immediately, but it is best to refrigerate and let it marinate for a day or two. When covered in the liquid, it will last for a couple weeks in the fridge, so make a big batch and use it often.
- PREP 10 mins
- Dissolve some spices in the hot liquid before adding the kale. Cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric or chilli powder all work.
- You can also add other flavouring veggies such as jalapeño pepper, shallots and ginger. Peppers, thin sliced onions and carrots can also be added.