Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
- Prep time 10 mins
Here we have another great short cut to having veggies ready to go in the fridge and waiting to be devoured! This kale is great when added to stir-fry’s or soups or served as a side to any meal, even breakfast! You can also add it to a sandwich or hotdog instead of lettuce.
- Wash the kale well and remove the leaves from the stem. Tear into bite sized pieces. You can slice the stem into very thin pieces and use it as well!
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil on the stovetop.
- Remove from the heat and add the honey, vinegar, salt and garlic if you are using it. Give a good stir to dissolve the honey and salt.
- Add the kale to the pot and stir it until it has wilted into the hot liquid and is mostly covered.
- You can serve immediately, but it is best to refrigerate and let it marinate for a day or two. When covered in the liquid, it will last for a couple weeks in the fridge, so make a big batch and use it often.
- Dissolve some spices in the hot liquid before adding the kale. Cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric or chilli powder all work.
- You can also add other flavouring veggies such as jalapeño pepper, shallots and ginger. Peppers, thin sliced onions and carrots can also be added.
Reviews on "Pickled Kale" (5)