This recipe is a richly textured and full flavoured healthy replacement to mashed potatoes. Get your family hooked on this soul food and their bodies will be happy
- In a large pot combine parsnips, milk, butter, salt and pepper. If the pot is too small then the milk will boil over repeatedly and make a big mess of your stove top.
- Bring to a boil, cover with a lid and then reduce heat to low. Cook until parsnips are very soft.
- Now remove from the stove and strain off the milk but make sure to save it. Add the parsnips to a food processor and puree for 30 seconds or so.
- With the food processor running, slowly add some of the milk to the parsnips until you have a nice thick and smooth consistency. Discard any left over milk. **If you do not have a food processor, you can use a hand or countertop blender or even a potato masher. Just remember to get it as smooth as possible before adding the milk and then add only as much milk as necessary to get it smooth.**
- Serve in place of mashed potatoes at any meal or use as a snack.
- PREP 5 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- Sauté ¼ cup of chopped onion and 1 tablespoon chopped garlic until the onions are translucent and then add all the ingredients in step 1 to the pot with the onions and garlic. This will add an extra touch of gourmet to the puree.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley or cilantro for a fresh boost.