Quinoa with Garlic Bean Sauce
This is great vegetarian dish using the complete protein from the quinoa and a further protein boost from the bean sauce! Lets keep in mind it tastes amazing too!! Enjoy
- Preheat a small fry pan on medium heat. Add the butter and onions and sauté, stirring occasionally until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and cumin and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Transfer the contents from the pan to a food processor or blender and add the yogurt and refried beans.
- Puree until relatively smooth. Alternatively, you could stir the ingredients together in a mixing bowl if you like the texture of the onions and garlic.
- Now transfer to a mixing bowl if you were using the food processor/blender and add salt and pepper until it tastes good for you. Next add the green onions, stir and its ready to serve warm or cold.
- Pour a healthy serving on top of quinoa, brown rice, lentils or another favourite whole grain/legume.
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- Use refried black beans for different colour and flavour.