Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Coconut Yam Mash
- Prep time 8 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
Mashed potatoes lack a little in the nutritional department. So here we have used the nutritional superstar yams in a very smooth and yummy mash.
- Boil the yams in a medium pot with just enough water to cover. Make sure you use a lid too. Boil until the yams are soft.
- Strain the water and transfer to a food processor. Add the coconut milk, salt and pepper. Puree until mixture is smooth.
- Check seasoning and if you are satisfied, then serve and garnish with some toasted coconut on top.
- Saute ¼ cup chopped onion with 1 tablespoon chopped garlic in a little olive oil and then add to the food processor with everything else.
- Season with a few pinches of cumin and chilli powder to bring up the flavour a little.