Hidden Zucchini and Spinach Fettucini
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Ready in 25 mins
With this recipe you need a mandolin or spiralizer so that you can take zucchini, turn it into ‘noodles’ and mix it with some spinach fettuccini. It is a great way to maybe get a new veggie into your young ones tum tum.
- Using your mandolin or spiralizer, turn the washed zucchini into noodles and set aside for the moment. If you do not have either of these tools, you can cut the zucchini into a fine julienne if you have the knife skills.
- Cook the pasta as per the directions on the package until el dente, strain the water off very well and drizzle a little olive oil on the noodles so they do not stick together. Set aside.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat; add the oil and then the garlic and sauté for a minute, stirring regularly. Feel free to minimize the amount of garlic if you are cooking for a sensitive palate.
- Now add the zucchini noodles and sauté, stirring gently for 1 or two minutes.
- Time to toss in the cooked noodles. Add them to the pan and gently toss until the noodles are evenly dispersed with zucchini ‘noodles’.
- Season with salt and pepper, portion onto plates and then top each portion with freshly grated parmesan cheese…preferable Parmigiano Reggiano and serve immediately.
Cooked spaghetti squash may be another option if you are looking for a nature made noodle.