Seared Snapper Fillet with Chunky Tomato Soup
A wholesome veggie loaded super tasty soup to go along with a nice rich snapper fillet. This is a great meal and the soup freezes wonderfully, so go ahead and make a big batch.
For the soup:
- Preheat a large pot on medium heat. Add oil, onions and peppers and sauté until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and sauté for one minute more, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the broth, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and fennel and simmer for 15 minutes. Continue stirring occasionally. Add the basil at the end and remove from heat.
For the snapper:
- Pre-heat a large pan on medium heat. Season the fish evenly on both sides with salt, pepper and paprika. Add a small amount of oil to the pan and then add the fish and cook for about 4 minutes each side until lightly browned and cooked through.
Serve the warm soup in a bowl with the snapper placed on top. Garnish with extra freshly chopped basil if desired.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- Try substituting the snapper with another white fish such as sole or halibut.
- If you like your tomato soup a little creamier, substitute 1 cup of the broth with 1 cup of coconut milk and omit the balsamic vinegar and puree in a blender.