Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Corn Meal Crusted Cod
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
- Ready in 30 mins
Leave a Review
The cornmeal crust provides a great crunch and the perfect contrast in texture to the soft and buttery texture of the cod. This is an easy dish that can make you look like a seasoned home cook!
- For the crust:
- Pre-heat oven to 375º F
- Combine all of the crust ingredients together in a mixing bowl and stir until combined and then press and compact with your hands.
- Season the cod on both sides with salt and fresh black pepper and place on a lightly greased pan.
- Now cover each piece of cod with a thin layer of the crust and gently push into the fish until set in place.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes until fish is cooked. If the crust is not browned enough, turn oven onto the broil setting and place the fish on the top rack until crust is lightly browned.
- Now pre-heat a large pan on medium heat, add the oil, sui choy and the peppers and sauté until sui choy begins to brown.
- Add the tomato, curry powder and salt and cook for 8 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Plate veggies first with the cod on top, serve and enjoy.
- Serving this recipe with a little fibre would be a great idea if you are feeling especially hungry. Grains such as brown rice, quinoa or barley all work well.
- Add 2 tablespoons coconut milk to make this dish just a little creamier.