Miso Marinated Halibut Fillets
Here is a very simple way into the realm of Asian cooking. The marinade recipe shown below is an awesome way to give a nice flavour boost to halibut, which is generally low on flavour. The marinade can even be used as a yummy sauce afterwards!
- In a mixing bowl combine miso, orange juice, oil, vinegar, brown sugar and chilli powder and stir with a whisk until completely combined.
- Transfer marinade to a sealable storage bag or container, add halibut, seal and marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Remove your marinated halibut fillets from the marinade and pour the marinade into a large pot or frying pan that has a lid. Bring to a simmer on medium heat and place the fillets into the simmering liquid. Cover with a lid and poach/steam the halibut until cooked through (about 6-8 minutes).
- Gently remove the halibut from the liquid and serve with some cooked rice or quinoa and your favourite vegetables. The liquid can be boiled and reduced down by 25% and then used as a sauce to finish this awesome dish.
- PREP 8 mins
- COOK 3 hours 10 mins
- If you like your food a little spicier, add 1 teaspoons of finely chopped fresh jalapeño pepper.
- Add some sesame seeds for varied texture and flavour to the marinade
- Try using the marinade on other seafood like salmon, shrimp or scallops.