Lemon Poached Sole
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
If you are looking for a tasty way to replace the common breaded and fried sole, this is a wonderful healthy and quick option. The liquid that you poach the sole in becomes an amazing sauce that goes great with a side of rice and vegetables.
- In a medium frying pan, bring all ingredients, except the sole, to a simmer.
- Add the sole, cover and continue to simmer until fillets turn opaque, approximately 4-6 minutes depending on the thickness and then remove from the liquid with a slotted spatula saving the liquid.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and boil uncovered until liquid thickens (approx. 5 minutes).
- Plate sole with rice and your favourite cooked vegetable. Spoon sauce over sole and vegetables. Time to enjoy.
- Try using halibut, basa or cod for something different.
- When cooking the rice use your favourite fruit juice or broth as a substitute for water.
- For people with diabetes, omit the sugar or use a sugar substitute.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories (kcal) 414.6 Fat (g) 9.6, Protein (g) 55.5, Carbohydrate (g) 15.5, Sugar (g) 9.6, Fibre (g) 0.9, Vitamin A(µg) 105.1, Vitamin C (mg) 31.8, Vitamin D (µg) 3.5, Vitamin E (mg) 2.1, Thiamine (mg) 0.2, Riboflavin (mg) 0.1, Niacin (ne) 0.92, Folate (µg), 34.2, Vitamin B6 (mg) 0.7, Vitamin B12 (µg) 5.7, Calcium (mg) 65.8, Iron (mg) 1.4, Sodium (mg) 1457.7, Potassium (mg) 990.9