Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Steamed Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cook time 12 mins
Steaming is a beautiful method for cooking salmon. The creamy dill sauce compliments the steamed salmon beautifully and the vegetables cook effortlessly along side the salmon in the steamer. An amazing meal is not often this easy.
- For the sauce:
- Place salmon fillets in a steaming basket or tray. Steam for 3 minutes and then add the vegetables to the basket with the salmon.
- Steam for an additional 4-5 minutes. (For smaller steaming baskets, steam salmon for 8 minutes and vegetables for 4 minutes separately) Set aside.
- Put cream cheese and honey in a glass bowl and microwave until they are softened, approximately 30 seconds.
- Whisk in lemon juice. If the mixture is lumpy, microwave for an additional 15 seconds and whisk until sauce is creamy
- Add dill, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over salmon and steamed vegetables.
- Add a little bite to the sauce by adding chilli powder or paprika.
- For a Middle Eastern touch just add 1 tsp of curry powder to the sauce.