Thai Red Curry with Rockfish
- Prep time 45 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
- Ready in 1 hour 15 mins
Loaded with veggies, full of rich creamy flavourful sauce and economical with one of our most dependable local fishes, this curry dish is a great option for your usual routine.
- For the spring rolls:
- To begin this recipe, preheat a large pot on medium heat and then add the oil as well as the ginger and shallots. Sauté for a few minutes until the shallots begin to brown.
- Now add the curry paste into the pan and sauté for another couple of minutes stirring regularly.
- Add the coconut milk and the water to the pot.
- Add the lemongrass and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes and then remove the lemongrass.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium high heat and roast the cabbage until nicely caramelized.
- In the mean-time, add the peppers, celery, onion and carrot to the pot and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the rockfish and the cabbage into the pot, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Finish the curry with lime juice, honey and salt to taste.
- Roll the spring rolls with the suggested veggies and noodles or create your own combination. Seal with a 50/50 mixture of flour & water as a paste and cook immediately by brushing with oil and baking at 450° F or pan frying in about ½ inch of oil and turning halfway through. Once they are browned on all sides, they are good to go.
Made the curry vegan by omitting the fish or alternatively, replace the fish with chicken.