Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Breaded Rockfish with Sweet & Spicy Slaw
- Prep time 40 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Ready in 40 mins
Leave a Review
simple meal is economical, healthy and delicious. Make the slaw a day or two in advance and then simply cook up the fish for and easy go-to meal.
- For the slaw:
- For the rockfish:
- Combine all of the ingredients for the slaw together in a mixing bowl and stir very well to combine. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or enjoy right away.
- Now for the fish…
- Add the flour, cracked egg and breadcrumbs into 3 separate wide bottom bowls. Whisk the egg with a fork and a teaspoon of water until nicely whipped and smooth.
- Cut out the pin bones from the rockfish.
- Dry with paper towel and then season with salt and paprika.
- Now dredge each fillet in the flour, then the egg, and then the breadcrumbs and place on a plate. Repeat until all the fillets are ready.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium – hi heat. Once the pan is hot add the oil to the pan and let it heat for 30 seconds.
- Now carefully place each breaded fillet into the hot oil. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes until nicely browned, flip and repeat. Once the fish is cooked through, serve immediately and please do enjoy.
Homemade breadcrumbs from leftover bread ends make the best crumbs. Especially when you use multi grain bread…mmm!